Join us – Financial Adviser
Grey Parrot is looking for an individual experienced in consultative selling with a penchant for divergent ways of thinking to join our team as a Financial Adviser.
In them, you’ll learn more about our unique approach to financial planning that focuses on evidence-based investing.
Right, back to the job description…
If you’re this person, please get in touch:
- You have a wide range of experience in consultative selling roles, acting more like a personal adviser than a salesperson. Experience in financial services isn’t required. However, experience providing recommended solutions to potential clients based on their needs and problems is preferred.
- You are goal focused and are prepared to put the work in to reach objectives both on a personal level and for the firm.
- You work well under pressure and have stress management strategies to fall back on during busy periods.
- You are a people person first and foremost and able to develop trusting relationships, as well as communicate in a warm and friendly manner.
- You don’t always stick to the script and are prepared to adopt new ideas, think outside the box and offer up your opinions even if they are disagreeable.
- You have excellent time management and are able to manage multiple projects to strict deadlines.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are full of fresh ideas that you are confident enough to bring to the table.
An innovative, brash, social, and ever-growing team
Grey Parrot is a financial planning firm with decades worth of experience in the sector. We aim to provide outcomes-based financial planning services to our clients who include individuals, business owners, general insurance brokers, and accountants.
We are based in central London, just around the corner from Great Portland Street and a short walk from Oxford Circus tube station. The ideal candidate will be able to commute to our offices.
We service our clients through developing comprehensive financial plans that put them first and solutions second. We pride ourselves on listening to our clients and developing an understanding of their personal stories — their dreams, visions, and long-term goals.
Only once we understand our clients and their objectives do we start to talk about money. We look at developing a strategy built around cash flow modelling, utilising financial vehicles such as pensions, ISAs, insurance, and mortgages; and evidence-based investing.
While Grey Parrot is a fledgling company, having been founded in 2021, our two co-founders have a combined 50 years of experience in the financial sector. We have grown rapidly over the past year and have ambitious plans for the future. A key part of that involves adding more talent to our team.
If you have a history of working closely developing client relationships in a sales-based role and have an interest in the financial sector, then please get in touch.
Still interested? Outstanding.
We’re looking for someone either early on in their careers looking for a path and being prepared to be moulded, or a more experienced individual with a rich background of relevant skills looking for a change of direction later in life.
In a people-focused position, we feel that personality and confidence are key, while knowledge can be gained.
Successful candidates will be put through a six-month training program that won’t be built around simply learning to pass exams, but instead teaching you how to build a successful financial planning business. This will leave you with the skills needed to take advantage of a genuine opportunity to reach financial independence and work within a lifestyle business.
All that we ask is that you have at least an A-Level standard of education, an open mind, and a willingness to embrace our unusual approach to financial planning.
We will cover CII examination entry costs as well as provide a stipend of £1,000 a month for 6 months during your training period.
Once you are fully competent and have achieved CAS status, we would expect your earnings to be approximately £125,000 in year one and OTE earnings of £300,000 in year three.
You will have a regular pipeline of business owner prospects to meet, as well as a direct route to the directors and co-founders.
A platform to build a new career
If you’re the right person, you will benefit from:
- Professional training, development, and accreditation
- Assistance with setting up your own business
- Flexible working hours – once trained you are responsible for your own workload
- No cap on earnings — once trained, it is “eat what you kill” earnings
- Mentoring from experts with over 50 years of financial sector experience.
Get in touch
If you think you might be the person we need, please send your CV with:
A covering email telling us more about you, and why you’re the right person for the job addressed to Darren and Tim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Respectfully, no agencies please!